It is done! The XFDL Loader is completed and it is functional. It came down to the wire, with less than an hour left in submission time to complete but it did get done. Here is a sample XFDL form and a sample CSV data file (RIGHT CLICK BOTH TO SAVE) to use. The process to use the web application is (each step is a different page):
- Load the two sample files by file type.
- Set up data to merge to the form.
- Use the drop down box on the right to select data by the header
- Write data in the middle column input boxes to have default data for all forms.
- It’ll take awhile to generate the forms, be patient. When completed, there will be a link to download a zipped archive of your forms.
And that’s it. Be aware, because the project changed from PHP to Python, we had 10 days to generate the web application. Therefore, there is no styling (it’s not pretty) and it might not work on all forms. Also, it only selects text inputs. Check boxes, more options, etc are yet to come, but this was needed to be functional by May 15th, and with only minutes to spare, it was done!