Frustration…

So I have now made a front page to upload a CSV file and an XFDL file for this XFDL web application. Nothing is more surprising than being a few short steps from having a working prototype to discover you’ve made a grave error. Here’s my mistake. I used python’s xml.dom.minidom module to parse and edit the file in it’s XML form. But when saving it back, it becomes obvious that the encoding causes some minor problems, but the major problem comes in the form for it’s saved state. Where the XFDL file will have a set of tabs, the minidom would correct these to read just which then is not able to be read by Lotus Forms Viewer or PureEdge! I’ll be frantically rewriting my parsing in other modules tonight to find one that is compatible in it’s write method!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *