XFDL in MS Access…

By , June 9, 2012 11:47 pm

Just wanted to pass a link for the updated XFDL in MS Access Project.  Included in the zip are:

AccessXFDL – This folder has a working example of opening an XFDL form in access.  Does not work for all forms yet but will produce a form for most XFDLs.

libxfdl – This is the DLL made for an extension to VBA to take a part XFDL files and return a string of the data.

Here’s the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18666533/AccessXFDL.zip

Enjoy!

9 Responses to “XFDL in MS Access…”

1. Patrick says:

32 bit only? It is throwing errors right away.

• zbert says:

Good point, since I don’t run Windows native on my computer and use a virtual machine, I’ll have to try and make sure the code is compatible with 64bit. It is in early stages of development, the errors will hopefully be worked out soon.

2. Paul says:

it looks amazing, but how can i get other forms to be compatible with your code?

3. Brian says:

For the love of god I hope I can make this work. Dropping data from an access db to a XFDL from will save me SO much time.

4. Brian says:

Where did you find ziplib1.dll? I can’t find it on the ziplib website for the life of me.

5. Matt Nestor says:

This is probably one of the coolest things I have seen! I work in an S1 shop and if this gets to the point that every form can be added to it, that would be awesome! How can I do the XFDL files myself? This is simply amazing!

6. John Peck says:

I have just been tasked to create a database. I also want to tie in XFDL forms which can be populated from the database; therefore, I am looking for a 64bit version of this to squeeze into my project. Does it exist? I am a mediocre programmer at best and really could use some help figuring out where to start.

Any help you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

V/R

John Peck

7. Buster says:

Doesn’t seem to work with other forms, just the ones in the folders. Is this hard coded for those specific forms. I’m actually looking for a method to extract data from Air Force OPR/EPRs (evaluations) kind of in the same method your using here.